Not Your Typical Maternity Session
The best maternity photographs convey emotion, achieved through a collaborative process between the photographer and the subject. As your maternity photographer in Northern Virginia, we’ll work together every step of the way from choosing the best locations to portray your family’s story, to picking the most flattering wardrobe, and using prompts to evoke natural interactions and connections.
As one of the only maternity photographers in Northern Virginia certified as both a Click Pro Elite and a Hello Pro Creative, I’m uniquely qualified to provide a professional photography experience resulting in beautiful, high quality photographs. To further highlight my qualifications, I was a winner of Click Magazine’s Voice Competition in 2020, have been published in Click Magazine and Z!nk Magazine, was a featured photographer in the book Hidden Cities, was voted a Best Photographer in the DMV in 2021, 2020, and 2019, and am a Sony Photographer.
What does my expertise mean for you?
- Shorter session length; You’ll get a full gallery of images filled with tons of variety, including multiple settings, poses, and groupings. Capturing all of this in less time means you can get on with your day sooner.
- Expert posing; As the author of several photography posing guides, I’ll use my expertise to make you look natural, effortless, and beautiful in your images.
- Expert editing; As an editing educator, my extensive knowledge of editing processes keep you looking like you, at your absolute best. You can see a handful of editing examples here.
- Curated client closet; As a former fashion stylist and fashion trend forecaster, I’m constantly updating my client closet with seasonal gowns that are ideal for photography sessions.
Recent Maternity Sessions/ A Selection from Allison Corinne, Maternity Photographer in Northern Virginia
Maternity Photography Session $950*
Your maternity photo session is a collaborative process from start to finish. We’ll work together every step of the way to create a session unique to your family.
All Maternity Photography Sessions Include The Following:
- Gallery of 25 Images for Download with permission to print (print release)
- Access to client closet of maternity gowns, shawls, wraps, and open-front dresses. (includes the use of up to one dress and unlimited accessories and wraps)
- Approx 45 Min Photography Session for up to two people. Additional people $95 each.
- Session Prep Video Chat or Phone Call
- Session Guide Booklet; What to Expect and Wardrobe Reference Sheet
- Custom Mobile App (by request)
- Roundtrip Travel Within 15 miles of Home Office in 22066
- Weekend Sessions add $250
The Process/ What to Expect
Check out my portfolios and pricing – Maternity info can be found here and Newborn info can be found here. Detailed pricing info can be found near the bottom of both pages. If you have questions, you may wish to check out the FAQ. Then get in touch!
The best time for a maternity session is around 32-35 weeks. For newborns, it’s best to do the session between 3-15 days of age. I encourage booking at least 4-6 weeks ahead of time to ensure availability and allow time for planning.
Complete your booking by filling out the (digital) paperwork I’ll send you. Your booking is complete and date held when I receive your retainer and signed session agreement. You’ll then receive access to my client closet to start picking out a gown, and we’ll set up a time for your planning call.
During your planning call we’ll go over everyone’s wardrobe, I’ll make recommendations for your location based on the type of images you want, and we’ll chat about hair, makeup, and accessories.
Have your Session!
After your session, you’ll receive a link to your private online gallery. You’ll be able to download your images directly from the gallery. Prints and products are also available – please inquire for pricing.