In-Home Maternity Photos in Fairfax County and Loudoun County
In-home pregnancy photoshoot in Fairfax County and Loudoun County
A Relaxed and Documentary-Style Maternity Photoshoot
If you’re looking for a more relaxed pregnancy photoshoot with a low-key feel, then in-home maternity photos may be for you. We’ll focus on the quiet moments of pregnancy and utilize your home’s natural lighting or low-powered natural looking flash, for images that evoke a documentary style feel.
Your Home, Through My Lens
Your home is a perfect setting for pregnancy photos, even if it’s far from magazine-ready. My camera only shows a small portion at a time, so I can easily move distracting elements just out of frame for your photos, then move them back when we’re done. I also select settings that blur some of the background to help reduce further distractions.
What to expect:
I’ll arrive at your home and we’ll walk through the areas you want to photograph together. We’ll determine whether we can use natural light, or if we’ll need to supplement with some soft flash. Depending on the images you want, we may capture images in the nursery, in a bedroom, the shower or tub, or even outside if the weather is nice. I’ll then guide you through some natural-looking poses, and if your spouse, partner, or other family are joining us, I’ll give you some prompts to get you interacting together. The images I capture in these sessions are meant to feel relaxed and focus on the calmness before baby’s arrival. Some families like to capture a more composed/glam image while I’m there, and I’m always happy to capture one or two, but the majority of the session is much more relaxed. In-home maternity sessions typically last 30-45 minutes. If supplemental lighting is needed, it may add 10-15 minutes to the session.
As one of the only photographers in Northern Virginia certified as both a Click Pro Elite and a Hello Pro Creative, I’m uniquely qualified to provide a professional in-home pregnancy photoshoot in Fairfax County or Loudoun County resulting in beautiful, high quality photographs. To further highlight my qualifications, I was a winner of Click Magazine’s Voice Competition in 2021, have been published in Click Magazine, This Detailed Life Magazine, and Z!nk Magazine, was a featured photographer in the book Hidden Cities, was voted a Best Photographer in the DMV in 2021, 2020, and 2019, and am a Sony Photographer.
What does my expertise mean for you?
- Shorter session length; You’ll get a full gallery of images filled with tons of variety, including multiple settings, poses, and groupings. Capturing all of this in less time means you can get on with your day sooner.
- Expert posing; As the author of several photography posing guides, I’ll use my expertise to make you look natural, effortless, and beautiful in your images.
- Expert editing; As an editing educator, my extensive knowledge of editing processes keep you looking like you, at your absolute best. You can see a handful of editing examples here.
- Curated client closet; As a former fashion stylist and fashion trend forecaster, I’m constantly updating my client closet with seasonal gowns that are ideal for photography sessions.
Recent In-Home Pregnancy Photoshoots in Fairfax County and Loudoun County
In-Home Maternity Photoshoot $750*
Your maternity photo session is a collaborative process from start to finish. We’ll work together every step of the way to create a session unique to your family.
Your session fee includes:
- 25 richly edited digital images
- 5 bonus “magical/artistic” edits
- Permission to print
- Video consultation to discuss all the details; location, wardrobe, and any other questions or concerns
- Ongoing wardrobe selection assistance via text and email
- Roundtrip travel within 15 miles of 22066 zip code
- *Weekday session for up to two people, typically the birthing parent, and a spouse or partner
- Additional people – $95 per additional person
- Weekend session – $200
- Print and wall art products – starting at $15
The Process/ What to Expect
Check out my portfolios and pricing – Maternity info can be found here and Newborn info can be found here. Detailed pricing info can be found near the bottom of both pages. If you have questions, you may wish to check out the FAQ. Then get in touch!
The best time for a maternity session is around 32-35 weeks. For newborns, it’s best to do the session between 3-15 days of age. I encourage booking at least 4-6 weeks ahead of time to ensure availability and allow time for planning.
Complete your booking by filling out the (digital) paperwork I’ll send you. Your booking is complete and date held when I receive your retainer and signed session agreement. You’ll then receive access to my client closet to start picking out a gown, and we’ll set up a time for your planning call.
During your planning call we’ll go over everyone’s wardrobe, I’ll make recommendations for your location based on the type of images you want, and we’ll chat about hair, makeup, and accessories.
Have your Session!
After your session, you’ll receive a link to your private online gallery. You’ll be able to download your images directly from the gallery. Prints and products are also available – please inquire for pricing.